not able to text on Samsung Gusto
mefo

When I try to text, the Samsung Gusto phone allows type and then if I hit space button, it immediately goes to Verizon start-up but  I can send text if I don't hit space button. Anyone know the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: not able to text on Samsung Gusto
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi mefo! I've just been reading your post on your Samsung Gusto and would like to offer my assistance. No, this is not a known issue. I recommend performing a standard soft reset of your phone by removing the battery from the back of the phone while it is on. Keep the battery off for about 30 seconds, and then reattach the battery and power up. I also recommend conducting a manual inspection of the surface of the phone to ensure that there is no significant physical damage. If this doesn't work, please post again or send me a personal message and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thanks!

0 Likes
mefo

Hi Dion,

I tried what you suggested but still does not allow me to text at all with any space used between letters. We inspected the phone and there are no signs of any damage. All other functions work fine. Thx for your help.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for getting back to me! I recommend we look at other options. Please send me a personal message through the forum. I'll need your full name, the mobile number for the Gusto, and a good time of day for me to call you. Thanks!

0 Likes
mefo

Hi Dion.

I have random times where I can be reached during work day, and I don't answer calls from # I don't recognize. You may call anytime, but if I don't pick up leave voice mail and I will call you back.

If I send my name and # in this form/manner will it be posted on a public forum? I'm not sure of how to send a personal message to you.

Should I just take the phone back to where it was purchased? Also my friend is experiencing the same thing on her newer Droid phone from Verizon. 

Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

No, your message will not be public. It will come directly to me only!

0 Likes
wdch

I'm also having the problem of when I try to text, the Samsung Gusto phone allows type and then if I hit space button#, it immediately goes to Verizon start-up.  I put in a new battery yesterday and that's when the problem started. Today, I put the old orginial battery back in and I still have this problem. What was the solution to the problem?

0 Likes
nascarqueen

I too have just started having the exact problem...when I start typing a text and I hit the space key (#) it immediately goes to the Verizon start-up.  Mine just started this about three days ago.  I have not tried the battery fix but will try that to see if it helps.  I hope someone can find a fix.

0 Likes
nascarqueen

Tried the battery fix...did not work!!! 

0 Likes
terewa

me too!!  just started last week. will send a few pictures,, but reboots soon as start typing a text. then i tried to change devices and it was a mess too!!.. i miss page plus... just  no good phones

0 Likes