not getting text messages after powering up iphone6
HANAHOU2

does anyone know how to fix this issue.

after powering up my iphone6, my text message notification sound goes off and shows i have X messages BUT when i tap on the message icon, there are no messages there.  sometimes i'll get an exclamation point over the the message icon too. don't know what that means either.

I know i'm getting messages as I had my wife send me one while my phone was powered off and when I turned it on, there was a 1 by the message icon but when i tapped on it, there was nothing.

HELP

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: not getting text messages after powering up iphone6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HANAHOU2, I would want the misleading notifications and notifications not appearing to be addressed right away, so you've certainly reached the right platform to get the help that you need with your text message alerts. The red exclamation point indicates that the message was not sent properly. When this happens, please provide me more details on if you are able to locate any messages that have an error message of it not being able to send. This typically happens with there is an issue with the iMessage server or a network issue. Moreover, what software are you currently on? You can check this by going to settings> general> software update. Please proceed with the update if it has yet to do so.

AkaneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HANAHOU2

Thank you for the reply. I'm on iOS 11.3.1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HANAHOU2, thank you for troubleshooting with us. Do not worry we will get your text messages back up and running.  Your software is up to date.  Let's reset the phones settings to see if this clears up the problems you are having with text messages: http://spr.ly/6580DgQXu

By the way can you tell us which messaging application you are using?

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes