not receiving MMS attachment in messages+
SHADOW1778

When sending a message to myself via an email client, I will get the attachment, but when sending the same attachment from an email running as a service, I do not get the attachment. I have also noticed that it is only the android phones being affected. When the same message is sent to a iPhone the message goes through just fine.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: not receiving MMS attachment in messages+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHADOW1778,

Being able to send and receive MMS attachments properly is fundamental, and I'm confident we'll be able to get to the bottom of this for you. I also want to thank you for the testing you've done on other phones as well.

I'd like to ask a few questions to clarify and make sure I fully understand the issue at hand. What kind of attachment are you trying to send through Messages+? What is the make and model of your Android device that isn't receiving the MMS attachments? Does this happen with all attachments you've tried to send? What error(s) do you get when you attempt this?

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SHADOW1778

Ryan,

So this is when I am Receiving MMS attachments. The attachment is either

mp3 or wav. Other phones/people are getting the attachment when sent to

them, but I am not. I have the Moto Z Droid.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 11:44 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, SHADOW1778. I want to make sure we're on the same page with regards to how you're sending your messages. You mentioned email in your initial message. Can you please clarify how email comes into play with your messages and Message +? Can you provide additional information about the steps that you following when your messages are working and when your messages are not working? You indicated that you are experiencing an issue with .MP3 and .wav files. Are you able to send picture or video messages? In your most recent post you mentioned that other people are receiving your messages. Are you still having trouble with all Android users?

Lauren_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SHADOW1778

Sorry about the confusion, let me try to recap my exact problem that I am

having. I get a text message from a service that sends a text from an email

address with a wav or mp3 file attached to it. That email will be sent to

multiple people. Any verizon customers with an iPhone will get the message

with attachment. But Android users will get the text but no attachment.

The odd part is that when I send myself a text from my email to my phone,

attachments will work. The service and I are sending to the same email

address of phonenumber@vzwpix.com.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details To ensure we are on the same page we do have a couple more questions. To confirm, when did this issue with the attachments from the service begin? What service is sending you the attachment? Has anything changed with your device since the last time you were able to successfully receive an MMS message from the service?

Jaime_VZW

0 Likes
SHADOW1778

I have been getting these text messages from this service for several years now. The service that is sending them is a company call alternate alerts. They send an audio file from an email address. Nothing had changed with my phone before, but now I do have a new phone (Moto Z3) and am still not getting the attachment.

0 Likes