not receiving texts from husband overseas
vickalynn

My husband is deployed and got a phone over there to keep in touch as much as he possibly can. He has sent his parents texts as well as me, and my phone at the time did not receive one message, though they had no problem receiving them. Soo I switched from AT&T to Verizon, because the parents have Verizon. I even went ahead and got a new phone. Since then, we have been texting back and forth.. He receives maybe if we are lucky, 1 out 10 texts i send to him, and vice versa. His parents are having no problem, I have friends with Verizon that live in the same town I'm in and they have had no problem texting their husbands overseas.. I am beyond frustrated and I just don't understand why ours won't go through. Any help/suggestions as to why this is happening and if theirs anything i can do, please feel free to comment!! thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: not receiving texts from husband overseas
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi vickalynn,

I understand your concerns; it must be frustrating to have limited communication with your husband. Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and the text messaging issue outlined in your post will require a complete evaluation of your account settings that can only be done by one of our Tech Support representatives. While our Social Media Team monitors the activity on these forums, we offer more efficient ways to get troubleshooting assistance for critical issues such as the one outlined in your post.

You can contact us on Twitter @VZWSupport Monday to Friday 7am - 10pm and Saturday 7am - 4pm CST.

You can also call us at 1-800-922-0204 for immediate assistance from 6am to 11pm CST any day of the week including Sunday. Please call from another phone and have your device fully charged and available for troubleshooting when you call us.

Also, please note that this issue may also be caused by the wireless network utilized in the country where your husband is deployed and we may not be able to resolve.

On a personal note, please extend my most sincere gratitude to your husband for the sacrifice that he has made in order to keep us safe and secure. I wish him a safe tour and I hope he is able to return home to you very soon.

0 Likes