people using messenger cannot receive my texts
PERMUL3
Enthusiast - Level 2

my wife  and all the people I know, cannot receive my texts if there using facebook messenger, I can get theres but the only way they get mine is through another sms app,  apple works if you want to know, When I uninstall update all is well

Perry

Labels (1)
Re: people using messenger cannot receive my texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s make sure that you are able to send messages to all your family and friends with no trouble, PERMUL3. I’d be happy to assist you and find a solution.
May we please have the make/model of your phone? Are you having any trouble with calls or data also? May we please have the zip code where you are having this trouble? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PERMUL3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can text to everyone except my wife , She can receive my text if she uses message+ but she uses messenger, Before the update she received my texts now not. We both have galaxy s7 edges, we don't have any issues with data  or calls, I get her texts  she doesn't get mine while on messenger, When I text her the button you push says chat,  all others I text it says sms. our zip code is 80537.

0 Likes
PERMUL3
Enthusiast - Level 2

my answer is below to your questions

0 Likes
PERMUL3
Enthusiast - Level 2

sorry I commented myself so you get answers on my previous post

0 Likes
PERMUL3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can text to everyone except my wife , She can receive my text if she uses message+ but she uses messenger, Before the update she received my texts now not. We both have galaxy s7 edges, we don't have any issues with data  or calls, I get her texts  she doesn't get mine while on messenger, When I text her the button you push says chat,  all others I text it says sms. our zip code is 80537.

0 Likes
Kevin_in_AZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Verizon people aren't listening. When they switched to CHAT, it forces the message to CHAT which does not sync with other texting apps.  You will not see the message unless you use their app. I missed several important texts because I was using a stock text app and three other person was using the Verizon app.  Why can't anyone address this issue?

PERMUL3
Enthusiast - Level 2

its fixed with last update

0 Likes
ROYKNI77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm pretty sure it's not fixed.  "Chat" messages don't appear on other texting apps.

0 Likes