phone freezes up while texting only..
femmemuscle

is anyone else having this problem? plus people on my secondary phone are having it too.

When i'm typing for a text, my phone just freezes up, or it will kick me out of text mode and back to the home screen.  I went to a Verizon Wireless up here in Idaho Falls.. they, apparently said this has been a problem with several customers. and in order to fix this problem i must buy a whole new text software package - or upgrade my phone.

I've had this phone for 14+ months, and there's never been a problem.. just a few days ago..

I left the store and called their customer service, they said there was an ALERT at the source/tower where i purchased it, and said i should just call this number *228, then hit option #2 only.  this should "upgrade the roaming".. and i should call every 1 hour or every 1 1/2 hours..  nothing happens even though it says: "your roaming upgrade has been successful"...

I think this has something to do with this new 4G thing.. making it so that we either have to pay the upgrade, or pay the $100.00 deductible on the insurance to replace the phones?

this is a great phone.. and i hate to have to change everything over because of some 4G upgrade.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: phone freezes up while texting only..
FANCYPANTS75

Mine just started doing that today...I am so mad I can not fix it no matter what I do..HELP

0 Likes
Magnif

My phone has also started to freeze when texting using my keyboard or my onscreen qwerty. Can someone please give instructions on what to do?

0 Likes
HarrisonProdLLC

Mine just started doing that today too, any recommendations?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your replies. To the original poster, I do not see which specific device you have, but the troubleshooting should be similar. I will give instructions for the Droid 2, since that is what everyone else has. One thing I would recommend is to clear the cache from the Multi-touch keyboard by going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Multi-touch Keyboard>Clear data/cache.

You can also turn off Next word prediction by going to Settings>Language & Keyboard>Multi-touch Keyboard>Uncheck Next word prediction and that should resolve this issue. 

sandratingley
Enthusiast - Level 1

mine just started doing that, followed your suggestions and now its fine...Thank you

0 Likes