Re: pictures turn sideways
lolydia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have the same problem on the Pixel 5. I did not have this issue on my Pixel 2XL. Both running Android 11.

The pictures are normal in Google Photos and send correctly using other message apps (Instagram, Facebook Messenger, GroupMe, etc.) The photos all send sideways in Message+ only.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, Jakesroberts. I'm glad that you found a way to send those pictures correctly with a different messaging application. While we do not see anything within our resources, it is possible that the latest update has some conflicts with Message+ and other applications. Google is very good pushing updates and patches, I would recommend to wait for the next Google update and see if it makes a difference.

Another option to resolve post software update issues is to do a factory reset on your devices (https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-220005/).

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Jakesroberts
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have completed a factory reset. Made sure all apps are up to date. Tried on wifi and on data.

Still have the same issue on two seperate phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. Can you tell us more about what is happening with your messages? Does this only happen with the Message+ app? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are able to send pictures correctly. When did this issue start? Is the Message+ app up to date? Could you uninstall and reinstall the Message + app and let us know what results you get? - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Jakesroberts
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel the conversation has already covered, "What is the issue?", "update your app" and "restart your phone". 

BDLan

I'm having the same exact issue. Started on Dec 3 for me. New Pixel 3XL. So frustrating.

0 Likes
Huntstil

Started mid-November on my Pixel 3. Upgraded to a 5, and it continues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us. Are you having the same issue with the images being sent sideways? Albert_VZW

0 Likes
sdcrane

I am having the same problem as everyone else -- have a Pixel 4, and after a recent update (maybe the Pixel camera app?), the Messages+ app (and ONLY Messages+) is turning my portrait (vertical) pictures SIDEWAYS when I attach them to messages in Messages+.  

PLEASE GET WITH GOOGLE AND FIX THIS ASAP.

Thanks.

0 Likes