Re: pictures turn sideways
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your messages are sent properly and successfully, sdcrane. Did this issue happen prior to the update that was done? Does this happen with every picture you send? What happens when you try to send a video message? Do the pictures send normally when using the native messaging app? 

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
Kklady2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue. Only happens in message+ following update to that app.  Please fix! I've done all the other troubleshooting shown in this thread minus the factory reset, because it's obviously related to just this app. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to make sure that you're able to send/receive pictures via Message+ without any trouble. Please tell us, what is the make and model of your device? Is the Message+ application and device software up to date? Do you happen to know if the issue continues even when using Safe Mode?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Misti0142

I just bought a pixel 5 and mine was doing this same problem on message plus.so I started looking on the web and didn't see any fixed for this.I finally started looking at the settings on the phone and finally came across the settings on the camera itself.the settings for the pictures aspect was set at full image on 4:3.i switched this setting to the wide crop16:9 and my problem went away.not for sure that this will fix your phone but it seems to be the same problem.give it a try and see if it works for you.

0 Likes
Jakesroberts
Enthusiast - Level 3

This did not work for me.

0 Likes
Misti0142

Go to your settings in your camera itself and change your picture aspect from full 4:3 to the wide 16:9 .this worked for my new pixel 5 with my message plus app

0 Likes
Jakesroberts
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tried the camera setting change and it did not fix the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jakesroberts, we're sorry to learn the previous troubleshooting steps did not work. What exact issues are you experiencing with your pictures? What make and model phone do you have? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jakesroberts, 

We want to fix this picture issue. Are you using the text messaging feature on your phone or did you download a third party messaging application to your phone? 

-Lasina 

0 Likes
Jakesroberts
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am now using Google Message on my Pixel 3.

Another conversation regarding the same thing. https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Message-rotating-images-90/td-p/1193530/pa...

0 Likes