pix deleted with less than 24hrs notice
thyil
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've really always repped verizon and the motorola driods, i love my X2 as old as it is.. always tell my friends get verizon if you want a good service.

however this will no longer be the case, personally i highly discourage anyone from getting Verizon service until Verizon addresses thier customer service policies and does something different about thier pix storage.

I was given less than 24hrs notice before i recieved a cascade of msgs telling me to log into pixplace, my content was deleted.

Obviously this is an issue, "hindsight" is ALWAYS 20/20.. but fact is, the only pics i had of my son are gone, unrecoverable.

I'm not the only person this has happened to, there are many stories of the same. There are enough of them that something like this should have been resolved instead of dismissed.

Verizons customer service has really gone down the tubes, maybe thats legal's fault. Coming here to state my story and feelings has lead me to see threads that have changed my perception of verizon entirely, this saddens me as i always loved my VZ service and internet.

However, when I read stories like these soldiers being stationed elsewhere or even if people simply move, It shouldnt be such a big deal to end a contract that is in good standing. Verizon used to very much take care of its subscribers, thus, it developed a loyal customer base. However, these types of "weaselry" are going to destroy that same customer base.

It's not possible to establish trust, faith and pride in a service by claiming to be dependable and friendly, If the company chooses to hide behind ToS, and EULA's while smiling and speaking in a cheerful tone. We deserve the reputation and service that was commercially advertised without the legal fineprint.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: pix deleted with less than 24hrs notice
Not applicable

If your pics were so important why didn't you have them backed up? You could have copies on your PC on a disc on a thumb drive on facebook, on flickr or a myriad of other online storage sites that are free

0 Likes
thyil
Enthusiast - Level 2

becuse this was supposed to be safer than keeping them on my phone incase something happened to my phone, as i said before brian.. hindsight is always 20/20.. what I am addressing is the fact that they know this system is flawed but continue to use it as an inhouse default solution but can offer no inhouse support... what happened to me was cuz thier automated server vomited out its sms incorrectly, it happens... so i assume when they deleted my pix the msgs all delivered at once. resulting in my loss of data.

when a tele-comunications service offers you a service, they should be very good at tele-communications. if they store data they should have some form of archiving said data, alternate solution would have been to simply email my pics to me. the vast majority of us that have verizon service also have a default verizon email that came with the service, they could have placed the archive in it.

point being, theres a better way, and enough of thier customers have had problems with this that they should have already resolved this.. rather than dismissing it... which is what you are doing now.

make no mistakes, I'm not saying that i shouldnt have had 20 more back-ups, a dna sample, 2 hardcopies in seperate locations etc etc etc. if you read my post instead of trolling it though, you would notice it was about bad service, not just my own experience.... myself and many others have come to this crossroads with verizon, verizon doesnt fix thier end of things though. its not an isolated incident.

IF disatisfied with a service becuse of substandard service or false or misleading advertisement then a person should be able to terminate said contract just as easily as verizon would refuse you service for not paying.

can you hear me now? rofl

0 Likes
Not applicable

they give you warning long before 24 hours. You would only get deleted if you hadn't logged in for for 180 days.

0 Likes
thyil
Enthusiast - Level 2

are you reading my posts at all? those warnings they send, all delivered in a chain AFTER they deleted the pics.

0 Likes