"File size exceeds" when trying to send video to email
Qb_Master

Hello, I have an Alias 2 on verizon's network...have unlimited texting and I want to send some videos of fireworks from my phone to my computer...however whenever I click send it says "File size exceeds." These video clips are only like 500-600KB each and my phone has plenty of memory, so is there a way to get the phone to send these?

I really don't want to haveta buy a data cable to transfer these over.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "File size exceeds" when trying to send video to email
Carm
Contributor - Level 2
I had experimented a lot with mms file sizes in the past, and I think the magic number for a lot of phones is 500k for some reason. Now in saying that, the programming in the VZW phones does not allow for sending video in the higher 320x240 resolution even if it did not exceed this number... Pretty stupid if you ask me

I have had success ripping a file, and converting it to 176x144 resolution, as much as 50 seconds in 3gp format, with a total send size of 440k, and was able to send it to the phone. I do know that VZW in the programming of their phones sets this as a hard limit more so than on the network side ( not to say there is not a mms file size limitation since at times I never receive mms from some people ).

In saying that I HAD an EnV touch and it would send 60 second vids at 320x240 resolution, file size of ~740k no problem. Now there are still a lot of older devices out there that simply will not take that kind of file size, and for that fact the inter carrier exchange of mms may very well not support sending a file size when going cross carrier.

I would go under your vid options and choose ' for send ' rather than ' for save ' . Since that is a newer phone I am confused as to why it was not in the programming for a higher resolution/time vid send specs.

You can also Bluetooth it from your phone to PC as well. But that requires a Bluetooth dongle or Bluetooth enable PC.

I hope this sheds some light on your problem and helps you out in some way.
Message Edited by Carm on 06-20-2009 07:09 AM
0 Likes
Re: "File size exceeds" when trying to send video to email
Qb_Master

Alright well I guess there's not much I really can do then...could call Verizon but they're going to tell me the same thing you are now, so I guess I'll haveta try bluetooth or something. Don't rly use bluetooth but if it'll do what I want I might have to consider it.

They really should just let you send the videos you take without problem I mean jeez it's 700KB not to mention I'm paying $10/mo to be able to do just that...

0 Likes