"Message +" Desktop App?
emtownsend
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't been using "Verizon Message +" because it is clunky to use the web interface.  I typically have my laptop open and like to get my text messages there.  It is easier to compose messages on a keyboard.  Anyway, Verizon has a "get the desktop app" but there really isn't one that I can find for Windows 10.  So I have been using "Messages" (the blue one with the three lines, not the dots).

Is there a way to install a "Message +" desktop application on Windows 10?  (and now soon, Windows 11)

Some multimedia messages are not received with "Messages" requiring me to switch to "Message +" to get them.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: "Message +" Desktop App?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

emtownsend,

There is not currently a Windows 10 version of the desktop app available. That could change in the future but we have nothing to announce currently.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

The desktop app and their web-based texting were not something to be missed anyway. They will not stay in sync with the phone. This has been going on for YEARS and V won't fix it.

There is an app for Windows called Your Phone (in the Microsoft store). It allows you to do everything on your PC screen that the phone can do. They both need to be on the same network.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@emtownsend wrote:

I haven't been using "Verizon Message +" because it is clunky to use the web interface.  I typically have my laptop open and like to get my text messages there.  It is easier to compose messages on a keyboard.  Anyway, Verizon has a "get the desktop app" but there really isn't one that I can find for Windows 10.  So I have been using "Messages" (the blue one with the three lines, not the dots).

Is there a way to install a "Message +" desktop application on Windows 10?  (and now soon, Windows 11)

Some multimedia messages are not received with "Messages" requiring me to switch to "Message +" to get them.

Thank you

Yes, other threads have identified saved versions of Message+ for Win10, v1.0.17.0 and v2.0.2.0 where some of us customers have provided links to install files via Dropbox.  Search this Forum to find them.  Yes, there may be sync'ing issues with some other lntegrated Messaging devices but the desktop versions do work.  Some people have had issues installing the downloaded files.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...