receiving calls from a number without an area code.
litz59

I have received multiple calls today from a number without an area code. There are also voice messages with just background noise and voices in a foreign language. I am unable to call back or block the number. I am concerned that my phone has been hacked.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: receiving calls from a number without an area code.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello litz59,

We would be delighted to assist today. Rest assured, hacking of your device is actually almost an impossible task. However, we understand how confusing the calls can be. Have the calls continued? Was this only on one day? Does the number relay as 7 numbers? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
litz59

No they have stopped. My business bankcard was illegally used on the same day that the calls were coming in and I had added an app for my business. I thought the three things were connected, which led me to believe that the phone was compromised. As it turns out, the events were unrelated. My daughter thought that some one with a calling card (Penny Calls?) might have had the wrong number and that's why there was no area code. Thanks for your help, though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anytime litz59! Glad to hear you were able to sort things out. We're here if you need us!

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes