receiving picture with text
Not applicable

have searched this topic, but only old posts. if i receive a text with a picture attached, and push the download button, it just sits there saying 'downloading" and never stops. i've tried with wifi connected and disconnected. i've seen that if the sending contact has a "1" in front of the number it may effect things, but that is not the case in sender or reciever contact lists. so whats the deal folks, one thing i could say for sprint, it just worked... thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: receiving picture with text
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

zigzag03 wrote:

so a verizon rep asks for my phone number, i provide it, altho if that person is a verizon rep surely they could have figured it out on their own, and then i get lectured on how to direct message. really, it seems like a lot of hoops to jump thru to get a question answered.

yesterday i stopped at my local verizon store and they said "oh, dummy, you don't have wireless data turned on", which i didn't. so if i turn it on, i get my pics. and this leads to the question:

if texts are unlimited, is the data involved in downloading pictures counted against my data usage?

And I asked you originally if your cellular data was on? Cellular data is required to transfer the attachments in picture messages over the cellular network.

You are posting on a public forum. Your posts are visible to the entire world. Do you really want your phone number or other personal information available to the world?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was your cellular data connection turned on and active when you are attempting to download the attachment?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ann thank you for your reply. yes it was active, as was wifi. i've tried to receive the pictures away from my wifi as well, and with wifi turned off. in both cases, the senders were also verizon customers, one of them my wife. so what do you think? i may have an opportunity to stop by the verizon store later, if i learn something i'll post it. thanks again

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ZigZag,

Picture memories are important! Let's get this fixed. Picture messages have to be sent/received over the Verizon Wireless network. Please turn off the Wi-fi when sending/receiving MMS. Have you ever been able to download a picture message? What device do you have? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

as i said in the previous post, yes, i've tried it with wifi off, makes no diff. the phones are galaxy s3's, wife and i both have them and have same problem. it says "downloading" and will sit there for as long as you let it without coming up with anything.

0 Likes
Not applicable

oh, and we've only had the phones about 3 weeks, still learning them, but no, we've never been able to get a pic thru

spelling correction  Message was edited by: zigzag03

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those additional details help, zigzag03. We may need to open a resolution ticket to resolve this message issue. Please follow me(ChaunceyM_VZW) and send a direct message. Provide me with a contact number and the best time to call. I look forward to speaking with you today.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

i don't "follow", facebook or tweet. but you can call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx anytime during the course of most days. i did actually get a picture thru from a buddy up in chicago on thursday, but he sent two, and the second one, sent within a couple mins of the first, did not come and would not download, so i don't know. he is also a verizon customer. call whenever you like, chances are i'll answer, and see if we can solve this. thanks.

>>Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service .  Personal information such as phone numbers should be shared with Verizon reps via Direct Message (How To: Direct Message), not posted on this public forum<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

i see the "follow" button above, i've clicked it on

0 Likes
Not applicable

so a verizon rep asks for my phone number, i provide it, altho if that person is a verizon rep surely they could have figured it out on their own, and then i get lectured on how to direct message. really, it seems like a lot of hoops to jump thru to get a question answered.

yesterday i stopped at my local verizon store and they said "oh, dummy, you don't have wireless data turned on", which i didn't. so if i turn it on, i get my pics. and this leads to the question:

if texts are unlimited, is the data involved in downloading pictures counted against my data usage?

0 Likes