receiving strange texts, customer service cant help.
Voltaire

ive been receiving strange TEXT messages, they come through about once or twice a month. Ive contacted verizon twice and all they can think to do is to turn off my messaging, or turn off my premium messaging. id rather not turn off features. here are some details about the messages. If anyone can offer information or ideas as to where they are from or anything that might lead me to getting them to stop without killing any of my features.

1. mobile data and wifi are turned off when i get the messages (not sure if this is relevant but thought id list it)

2. text message are from senders such as :

xxxxx@msn.com

xxxxxxx@gmail.com

3. message appear to be empty, all that is listed is the sender(usually there is a phone number here but in this case it is an email) and the small text information that appears in all my texts that lists time and date.

***i know the 3g is up in this screen shot, i activated it to send it to my email, but at the time of receiving it data along with wifi was off***

any help would be appreciated,

thanks!

>>Attachment removed (contained personal information) to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: receiving strange texts, customer service cant help.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Voltarie,

Oh my, sorry to hear you are receiving these strange messages. Let's get this mystery resolved. You can add these emails blocked by following these steps on your My Verizon account:

1. Sign into My Verizon
2. Under Manage My Account select Manage Family Safeguards & Controls
3. Next to Internet Spam Blocking click on View Details & Edit
4. Enter the email you are trying to block

Hope this information helps and solves your mystery. Keep us posted! We are here to help.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: receiving strange texts, customer service cant help.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Voltarie,

Oh my, sorry to hear you are receiving these strange messages. Let's get this mystery resolved. You can add these emails blocked by following these steps on your My Verizon account:

1. Sign into My Verizon
2. Under Manage My Account select Manage Family Safeguards & Controls
3. Next to Internet Spam Blocking click on View Details & Edit
4. Enter the email you are trying to block

Hope this information helps and solves your mystery. Keep us posted! We are here to help.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes