retrieving text messages
JaiMichelle

is there any way that i can retrieve my text messages online? Mynphone is broken and i wont be able to get another for a few days.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: retrieving text messages
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
No; but if the phone is off, any messages that come in will be stored and delivered to the new phone when it is activated - they will be stored for a period of 5 days, then deleted if not delivered.
0 Likes
DJFate

Why is there no way to forward text messages if your screen breaks or something like that? Turning your phone off is not pratical especially if you can still recieve calls. Does anybody else find this really stupid? It seems like something can easily be done on the webpage just to forward your test somewhere else or so have them also stored on the webpage.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
For the feature phones, I'm not aware of a way to automatically forward text messages to another number, or an email. The content of messages is not accessible online.

There may be apps available for the android, smartphones, and BB's that will allow you to forward text messages, but it would be a third party app, nothing that is built in to the phone or your account.
0 Likes
flangeup

Exactly what I have, a broken screen on a flip phone that is still usable.

Looks like there is no way to check messages until I get a replacement phone.

It is pretty lame, my google number will forward calls, messages (even read them to me)

Oh well.

0 Likes