retrieving texts on the computer
darrencase
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way that I can look at my children's text messages. Either from the verizon website or from my phone?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: retrieving texts on the computer
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

You can not view your child text message content online or from your cell phone. You can only view the message from their phone. 

You can view the text message details for your child phone online via your My Verizon account. You will see the time, date and numbers of the text messages sent and received. Please keep in mind that you will not see the actual text message content.

To view the text message content:

1. Log in to My Verizon

2. Click on the Usage Detail link

3. Click on the View Messaging Details

Hope this information was helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You need to look at your child's phone. There is not a way to do what you want for a good reason. Verizon has no idea that the texts you want to look at are actually your child's, so privacy rules prevent what you want.

When they get home from school, get the phone!

There are apps that can be added to their phone (if a smartphone) that can forward all texts to an email address.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

You can not view your child text message content online or from your cell phone. You can only view the message from their phone. 

You can view the text message details for your child phone online via your My Verizon account. You will see the time, date and numbers of the text messages sent and received. Please keep in mind that you will not see the actual text message content.

To view the text message content:

1. Log in to My Verizon

2. Click on the Usage Detail link

3. Click on the View Messaging Details

Hope this information was helpful.

0 Likes
space

ok but how do i get to the data usage? i cant find it. all i get is the wireless phones and an option to edit or change plans. once i sign in where do i go?

0 Likes
CharlotteIsBeau

NOSY! :smileytongue:

0 Likes