saving messages cenceling...
vikingnm
Enthusiast - Level 2

the past few updates to Message+ have been not so good. they finally fixed the buzzing on every message it saves; however, when saving messages it starts off ok but part way through it canceles itself with the save canceled message. I don't even touch the phone when saving so i'm not inadvertanley cenceling it. Not sure how to fix this. the last few updates have been doing this. the save mechanism was working just fine a year maybe year and a half ago...companies please stop trying to "fix" things that aren't broken.

I tried searching for an answer to this but nothing is coming up.

Labels (1)
Re: saving messages cenceling...
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model phone are you having Verizon Message+ issues with? On my Droid Turbo2, the Message+ Save action functions fine.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vikingnm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung S7, it was working perfectly before the recent updates. now it gets barely through 25% and self canceles with no error or warning message.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Maybe another Community member with the same model can test and let us know if they experience the same issue?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Rather than relying on Verizon Messages to save the texts, have you considered using a text backup/restore app from the Play Store?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

Rather than relying on Verizon Messages to save the texts, have you considered using a text backup/restore app from the Play Store?

I second this suggestion.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vikingnm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, i would prefer to do that anyhoo, save them to my desktop preferably. but none so far seem to work well. The Verizon Smart Switch program backs everything else BUT the messages...it gives me an error message with no real info on why it couldn't same them.

I'm open to suggestions, phone save is ok but desktop backup utility would be preferable Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

Also allows you to print texts and you can choose to save (via an automatic schedule) to your device, Email, Google Drive, or Dropbox.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Viking185, I use the Verizon Messages + app too. Hearing that you're experiencing issues with this messaging app greatly concerns us and I apologize for your inconvenience. I've noticed your reference to the app's update version. I recommend checking to make sure that you have Messages +'s most updated version (6.4.42). You can do this from the Messages + app by accessing the app and clicking the three horizontal bars on the top left-hand side of the app. Once it's been opened, please scroll down the menu to "About" and tap your phone's screen to view its updated version. If the issue persists with the Messages + app, the menu selection also has an option to "Report a Bug" that's directly below the "About" menu option for the Messages + app. This allows you to send feedback directly to the app's developer.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vikingnm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes i'm using the most recent version (6.4.42) it's been doing this for a few versions now though

0 Likes