send a group message via vtext on the web....
cdonofri
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone locked the last thread despite the answer not being given/issue being resolved.

I asked: When I send a group message via vtext on the web, some recipients only receive my phone # as the message text instead of the actual message. How do i fix this?

In some responses I received the following: (this is a mixture of a couple of responses)

Yes. 'yournumber@VZWpix.com' '   Sorry about that!

Test it using your email.

And that may work fine and dandy but it is not the question that was asked. VZWpic.com does not work as a website and I am not looking to send mesages from my email I am looking to view it as a website - just like i do on vtext.com

Can someone help please?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: send a group message via vtext on the web....
Not applicable

Hi cdnofri,

The reason I sent you VZWPIX.COM is because you mentioned you were sending Group Messages. Group Messages are categorized as MMS like photos and video are. VZWPIX.COM handles MMS better than vtext.com does. VTEXT.COM is primarily for texting SMS which does not involve photos, groups or videos.

You would need to send a test group message via text on the web but use vzwpix.com instead of vtext.com. The system will treat messages from vzwpix.com differently than vtext.com

Give it a try.

Thanks,

ALIE

0 Likes
cdonofri
Enthusiast - Level 2

@aliem_vzw I'm not understanding. Currently, I go to the website vtext.com, login in and it shows me my messages. From there, on the web, I can send out messages - whether they be group or single.

There is no website that comes up when I go to vzwpix.com. So you "sending me to vzwpix.com" doesn't work - as no webspoage comes up. So how do I go about using it the same way? I'm not looking to send messages via email.

Additionally, I have discovered from this forum that the issue might be in sprints end -as those who can't read the messages all have Sprint.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand your concern cdonofri, and I'm here to help. If the issue is only with number to that specific carrier, it is mostly likely an issue on their end. Does this only happen when sending a group message from vtext.com? Do they receive the text if you send the text only to that one person using Vtext.com? Are you able to send those numbers text message from your cell phone?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cdonofri
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi John,

Thank you for attempting to tackle this issue for me.

To answer your specific questions;

Does this only happen when sending a group message from vtext.com? YES

Do they receive the text if you send the text only to that one person using Vtext.com? YES

Are you able to send those numbers text message from your cell phone? YES

and this next one wasn't asked, but it seems logical:

Do they received group messages from you when sent from cell phone? YES

I have identified two specific people that don't get them, and both use sprint. I am unsure if there are others out there that just haven't said anything to me about the problem but I am guessing it is not a coincidence based on other threads within this forum. Unfortunately, the proposed solution posted there does not seem relevant to the actual issue (for me).

thanks again

charlie

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI-

My apologies for the delay and confusion. The use of VZWPIX.COM  is the url for YOU to share with others who would be sending YOU attachments and messages larget than 160 characters. Messages sent TO vzwpix.com will deliver to you vtext.com email.   The vzwpix.com url will signal the system to convert the message to MMS.  I misunderstood your original message completely.

To Address your SPRINT delivery issue, I am scheduling SPRINT Sessions for next week. Messages+ users and their SPRINT contacts are invited to RSVP for one of the 'live troubleshooting debug' sessions.

If you'd like to be included, please write 'SPRINT SESSIONS' in the Subject line and email me today at VERIZONMESSAGES@VERIZONWIRELESS.COM

ALIEM

0 Likes