Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sendind texts?
sdial17

can i send a private text to a number? how?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: sendind texts?
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
What do you mean by "private"? If you send it to a number, it only goes to that phone number....
0 Likes
Re: sendind texts?
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you SuzyQ for helping out. I appreciate you taking the time to help our fellow community members.

@sdial17,

I'm not sure what you mean by sending a private text message. As SuzyQ mentioned, when sending a text message to another number only that person will receive your text message. 

Are you referring to being able to send a text message from your phone to someone and not have your number appear as the sender and instead display as private? If this is the case, I apologize but this is not a function available on your phone.

However, if you are sending a text message to another Verizon Wireless number you can go to www.vtext.com to send a text message. The person will receive the text message and the sender will appear as anonymous. No number will appear and they will not be able to reply to the text message. There is no charge for this service. 

I hope this information is helpful and answers your question. If this does not answer your question please post back and I'll be more than happy to further assist you.

0 Likes