sending pic from phone to facebook
foxlm2002

How do i send a pic from my phone to face book? I have a samsung rouge and i tryed to send it to online album( i'm guessing that is it) but has not posted to my face book. i have my settings to where i can text my status to it. Please help confused:smileysad:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: sending pic from phone to facebook
JasonAllerdings
Contributor - Level 1

You have to send it to mobile@facebook.com from your phone.

0 Likes
starieyedancer

You will need to set up your settings in your profile on Facebook. It should be the same place you set up your txt alerts. Facebook will then send you an email alert with an email address you send your pictures to.  That email that Facebook sends you will be attached to your Facebook account. You would send it just like a picture message.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

foxlm2002 wrote:

How do i send a pic from my phone to face book? I have a samsung rouge and i tryed to send it to online album  This is your Verizon online album....has nothing to do with Facebook. ( i'm guessing that is it) but has not posted to my face book. i have my settings to where i can text my status to it. Please help confused:smileysad:

If you have already set up status updates with your phone to FB, (you text to 32665, correct?).  Updating pics is done in one of two ways; and I have had it work both ways!!  You can send an MMS, picture message, to 32665 (this did work, then it stopped, and it's recently started working again....so it's flaky!)  Or, as Jason said, send a picture message to mobile@facebook.com.

HTH,

0 Likes
BaoBei

Facebook has changed their mobile picture upload features, you will need to set it up through your account and they will issue you a "..."@m.facebook.com in order to upload your pictures.

Some users have discovered mobile@facebook.com does not work. Please check your facebook settings for more details.

0 Likes
JasonAllerdings
Contributor - Level 1

That's good to know.  I have to check my facebook then.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

BaoBei wrote:

Facebook has changed their mobile picture upload features, you will need to set it up through your account and they will issue you a "..."@m.facebook.com in order to upload your pictures.

Interesting - I do see a ::very strange and hard to remember:::@m.facebook.com address assigned to me to use to upload photos.  But I have been sending them to both 32665 and mobile@facebook.com both have worked (and both have bombed) at various times....I guess FB is still having growing pains.  Still, if we are to send our pix to our "special" address, then it seems odd we would not have received some kind of notification from FB about it.  I will be experimenting with this and see what works and what doesn't today!!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK--update and some additional information....

The personalized email to send pix to is when you are using email on your computer to upload photos from your computer.  I got this response when I had them send my personalized email address:   "Now you can upload photos or videos straight to your profile via email.  Simply send an email with a photo/video attachment to:'''

I suppose you could use it to email from your phone as well; I will try it later and report back.

Both 32665 for status updates and mobile@facebook.com work to send picture messages from your phone - if your phone is registered with Facebook mobile, then when it is sent from your phone it automatically gets routed to your account.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion!!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK--

I posted 3 pics (successfully!) to my Facebook account.

I sent the first to 32665, and I put different text in the Subject and text fields of the message.  Both showed up in the caption, Subject text as one line, Text as the second line.

I sent the second to mobile@facebook.com - same results.

I sent the third to my personalized address@m.facebook.com - same results.

On my FB page, they showed up as one post, 3 photos.  (I sent them within seconds of each other, so I suppose that's why they all showed up together.)

It looks like they all work, so use whichever is easiest for you!  I have all three listed under my Facebook contact, but it doesn't seem to matter which is used, they all produced the same results.

0 Likes
BaoBei

Sorry.

That was posted from my experience, I cannot send any picture upload unless I use my personalized e-mail address @m.facebook.com, using the mobile@facebook.com doesn't work. I never receive a comfirmation for the sent picture or see it uploaded.

0 Likes