sending texts with a blackberry bold
dev0405

when i send text messages they are unreadable to my contacts.  does anyone know what i am doing wrong

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: sending texts with a blackberry bold
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Well that does not sound like fun dev0405! Does this happen with every contact? Were they able to view these messages before? Are they blank messages or do they come in as symbols? Share the additional details needed so that I can better assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dev0405

Its several of my contacts.Ssome get blocks and another gets numbers and symbols. They have never been able to view them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dev0405,

Weird. Now, which model Blackberry Bold is it? And when you go to your contacts do their names show up? Or is this only in the messaging app that some of your contact's names show up as numbers and symbols? For now, please launch the message app > hit the options (Blackberry symbol button) > select options > text messaging preferences > make sure "show names" is selected.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

dev0405 wrote:

Its several of my contacts.Ssome get blocks and another gets numbers and symbols. They have never been able to view them.

Are you using a signature in your text messages?  Any special formatting (colors, fonts?)  Background images?

0 Likes