short codes and visual voice mail
bgiuriceo

It's been over 6 weeks and VZW tech support can't fix my problem.

They don't return calls either and never respond to emails. So now it's time to try the social media route.

My iPhone XR stopped recieving short codes and voicemail notifications after a port from a land line number that I've had for 3 years. There was no hardware change and the issue has been acknowleged as a Verizon network issue. I even tried to enable premium messaging and I'm now paying $2.99/month for no voicemail notifications.

I've got 2 open cases and, on each occasion; after about 1 1/2 hours with tech support the call magically gets disconnected....nobody calls back.  I've first-birthdayed my phone and sent to tech support about 6 short code numbers that do not pass through the network to my phone. 1 tech support rep actually said that they had to contact a vendor to find out what was wrong (that was about 4 weeks ago). In my entire life I've never witnessed this calibre of support and  lack of responsibility.

I can't even seem to escalate this to anyone in management who cares. 

0 Likes
Re: short codes and visual voice mail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry hear you've had this experience as our goal is to fully assist you with your device questions and concerns. Let's see what we can do. There's a forum that may be helpful with resolving this issue as another iPhone use experienced a similar issue and resolved it by changing the region on the iPhone https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201389. Here's the link to the forum https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/iPhone-X-Xr-Xs/Not-receiving-short-code-sms/td-p/1078769. Let us know if this help. To clarify, are you not receiving notification for all apps and services?  

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bgiuriceo

Thanks for the quick response CoreyM_VZW. This did not fix the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information, bgiuriceo. Did you port the landline number over your previous number, or are you using both numbers on the same device?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
bgiuriceo

The landline # (which I had for many years) was ported from ANVEO on July 11. This number replaced my existing. It was the only number on the phone. The last short code I got was on the 'old' number telling me the port was complete. I confirmed with ANVEO that there were no blocks of any kind on the number.

Apparently there is a 3rd party supplier that acts as an agent for all mobile vendors to pass these short codes. Obviously, short codes have to pass through different cell phone companies. Apparently there is a block with that supplier. Maybe someone should pursue that path.

Also, since VM flags are short codes I do not have visual voice mail.

I have an open case with tech support since July 11. I can publish the case number. This was given the highest priority...I can only imagine what happens to a normal priority.....

(My current workaround is using a second phone # to recieve codes that may be critical via an esim on my iPhone XR)

This, and the circus you call tech support is unbelievable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, bguiriceo. It may be that the vendor still has the number listed as a landline, rather than a mobile phone. I am sending you a Private Message, so we can take a closer look at this.

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
bgiuriceo

Did you get the NRB numbers? Anything else needed? Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

apologize. We did not receive the ticket numbers. Can you please resend them? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
bgiuriceo

call me for the info.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll be happy to help you further with your issue today. We are sending you a Private Note to further assist you. Please respond to us there.

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes