straight answer
Jes80

If I have unlimited texting, can I text someone who lives in Canada that has a text plan (be it Verizon or any other carrier), without incurring extra charges?

In other words will that be included in using my texting plan without ME being charged for it?

I can't seem to find a straight answer on this.  I have a friend who lives in British Columbia and I want to know if I can text with her without having to pay extra.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: straight answer
Not applicable

Jes80,

Good Morning! 

Great question, and I'd be happy to address it!  When you are messaging anyone in Canada, Mexico or Puerto Rico the standard domestic charges apply.  What does that mean for you? It means your standard plan will be used, in your case the unlimited messaging plan. You can use your messaging with no worries! 

For anyone else, if you have a messaging package with an allowance (250, 500, 5000), the messages to the above listed countries would come from your bucket of messages. Mobile to Mobile messaging does not apply. 

If you text to/from anyone outside the US, Canada, Mexico or Puerto Rico the messaging rate is $.25/per recipient per msg sent and $.20/msg received. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: straight answer
Not applicable

Jes80,

Good Morning! 

Great question, and I'd be happy to address it!  When you are messaging anyone in Canada, Mexico or Puerto Rico the standard domestic charges apply.  What does that mean for you? It means your standard plan will be used, in your case the unlimited messaging plan. You can use your messaging with no worries! 

For anyone else, if you have a messaging package with an allowance (250, 500, 5000), the messages to the above listed countries would come from your bucket of messages. Mobile to Mobile messaging does not apply. 

If you text to/from anyone outside the US, Canada, Mexico or Puerto Rico the messaging rate is $.25/per recipient per msg sent and $.20/msg received. 

0 Likes