text message not sent
michaelmatters

phone hard reset, update roaming, still no outgoing text messages have been sent for days. please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: text message not sent
kwm1337
Contributor - Level 1

I have so many follow up questions I would not know where to begin, but I'll try: In addition to updating roaming through *228 Option #2, also reprogram with dialing *228 Option #1. If after that you have checked your online account to make sure it is not a blocked service than I would suggest contacting VZW Tech. Support.

Best of Luck,

--kwm1337

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the suggestions kwm1337!

michaelmatters,

Looks like you have tried a number of troubleshooting steps and still no success!  I would like to help.

If you are still unable to send texts, please reply to my direct message with the requested information so I can further investigate.

0 Likes
mouab4

I have the same kind of problem. It just says text message is not delivered, service not available. 

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for posting, mouab4.

Has your text messaging issue been resolved? If not, have you tried any of the suggestions given by both michaelmatters and kwm1337? If you have and it still has not resolved this difficulty I do need additional information to better assist. What zip code are you located in? What device do you have?  Are you able to make/receive calls?

Please try to remove the battery from your device, leave it out for about 30 seconds, reinsert the battery, turn on your device and attempt to send a text message. If you have an auto signature please make sure it’s disable. After trying these suggestions and you’re still not able to send messages please feel free to send me a PM with your name, mobile number and a brief description of your issue so I can further assist. Thanks for being part of Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes
neshibur

I am having same problem..I cannot text to email accounts althought picture messages go through.  I can receive texts from emails.  Have contacted Verizon and they put my number on a different phone to test.  They couldn't either, so it is not my phone and I haven't changed any settings.  This is quite disturbing as Verizon has no answers.  Purchasing another phone is not even an option since it won't work either.  What are my options at this point?

0 Likes