text sent to individual shows up as group mms in Message+
dslee

The conversation thread with my wife shows up as a group mms on my phone but as a regular individual thread on her phone (we both are using Message+ on the Galaxy S7 Edge). On my phone, he bar at the top of the screen -- the recipient bar -- with the participants in the group shows: <my phone number>, <wife's name>. However, on my wife's phone, the thread shows up like normal, i.e., it only has my name in the recipient bar and is not a group MMS.

This also doesn't happen with everyone I'm texting with...only my wife and one other person.

This has been happening for the past few months. I'm using Message+ version 6.4.39.

Help!

Thanks,

David

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: text sent to individual shows up as group mms in Message+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's these little details that can be difficult to to get to the bottom of. Luckily, we’ve got this, dslee. 

Open up your messages with her and long press at the top of your text conversation to view the Conversation details. Is the Recipients Reply-to option set to MMS or Just Me?  Check that it is set to Just Me. Let us know how this works out for you.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dslee

It is set to MMS. When I switch it to “Just Me”, I get a message that says “Converted to text message”. But when I go back to our message thread it’s still in group MMS mode. Then I go see the Recipients Reply-to option, and it’s set back to “MMS”.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying the setting on the phone. We won’t stop till the messages are working properly. Is this happening with the default messaging app on the phone? Have you checked for any new updates for the message+ app?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dslee

No, it isn't. Not on Samsung Messages. There are no updates available on the

message+ app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get this resolved ASAP as it has gone on for too long now.  This may be related to settings on your wife and the other phone instead of yours.  If your phone was causing this issue, it would probably be happening to all or no people you message.  On your wife’s phone, please follow the same steps you did previously by opening up your Message+ app and making sure that it is set to “MMS instead of Just Me.”  What is primary default messaging application on both devices (yours and your wife’s)?

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dslee

I tried setting it but doesn’t work. I think it’s the app. Is there a way to uninstall and then reinstall this app?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, Dslee. You should be able to go into your App settings and revert it to default, this will not remove the entire application but it let it reinstall the updates.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes