txts showing up as emails
pinkstarrx19

Every time I text my friend it shows up on her phone as myphonenumber@vtext.com and same thing when she sends me a text. Which is super annoying because we have to download the text message. We both tried deleting the other person from our contact list and re-adding. But it still comes in the same.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: txts showing up as emails
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

That is how a text will appear if one or the other sends your text via the computer through the Verizon website.  Make sure you send the SMS message from your device.  Also, make sure when you send the message from your device, you send it to just her number, not to (telep number)@vtext.com.  Make sure your friend does the same, sending the message to just the telephne number.  Hope that helps.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

That is how a text will appear if one or the other sends your text via the computer through the Verizon website.  Make sure you send the SMS message from your device.  Also, make sure when you send the message from your device, you send it to just her number, not to (telep number)@vtext.com.  Make sure your friend does the same, sending the message to just the telephne number.  Hope that helps.

Doc

0 Likes
jhall_ii
I have that exact same problem an it is very annoying! Doin this didn't help my problem. Is it any way that I can jus do away with vtext.com?
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
If your friends are sending texts through vtext.com, then there isn't much you can do except to block all messages from the internet. That may not be what you want to do!
0 Likes