unable to text one contact
pvspecht

Why am I unable to send text messages to one of my contacts? - the number is a verizon wireless phone that used to be part of my account but is now part of a different account.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: unable to text one contact
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear your having these issues Pvspecht. Let's look into this together. Are you getting an error message? Can they text message you? When did this start?

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pvspecht

Answering the questions from JoeL_VZW :

There is no error message - it simply hangs for quite a long time and then says "Failed".

That party cannot text me either. They get the same result.

The mobile number I am trying to connect with used to be a second line on my account. It was recently removed from my account and added to my daughter's account (mother's day gift). I can still call that line but cannot send/receive text messages from it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, Pvspecht. Let's continue working on this and get to the bottom of this. What is the make & model of these devices having issues? Have you set up any restrictions on your account or device (Family Base, blocks, etc.?

GersonG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pvspecht

There are no restrictions set on either phone.... One of them is a Galaxy

S8 and the other is an iPhone 5 SE. Both are on a Verizon plan and both

seem to be able to call and/or text any other number. The 2 phones can call

each other, also.....

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 2:39 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this, Pvspecht. This could be an issue with your SIM Cards. Have you tried to replace both devices, yours and the one you're trying to text? Do you happen to know if the other device was registered on your line at any time?

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

JoshuaT_VZW, please re-read the OP. The second question you asked has already been answered.

The member said that both phones have no problems sending texts to other phones. The two phones simply cannot send texts to each other. Both phones can call each other with no problems.

The member also said that BOTH phone numbers were originally under the same account. One phone was moved to a different account and that was when the problem started.

0 Likes