update to current version
lcmbjm

how do i update to the current version of messages when i don't show an update available on google play

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: update to current version
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The latest update has only been out a couple of days (released 5/17/17); it can sometimes take several days before it's available to all devices.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The latest update has only been out a couple of days (released 5/17/17); it can sometimes take several days before it's available to all devices.

0 Likes
lcmbjm

So when do you think it will be available to the Samsung s6

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

For what it's worth, the app was updated again on May 20.

Verizon Messages - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
lcmbjm

I am not getting the update!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Again, it could be several days before you see an update available.  You could try to force it by uninstalling all updates to the app via the phone's App Manager and then checking for an update, but that may or may not pull the latest update.

0 Likes
Dares123

I applied the new update on 5/21 and my backgrounds for my phone screen and texting screen changed to something I don't like and I have tried everything to change it.  Any instruction would be appreciated!!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can change the background of the Verizon Messages app:  open the app, tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, tap Customize, tap Backgrounds, tap on your preference.

0 Likes
kvslab
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have S7 and the update is not available. It may be they have not fixed the issue affecting Samsung S6,7 where the suggested word correction is black letters on a dark gray backgound.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here for support. May we ask what step you have taken already?

KleoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes