verizon messages app keeps saying I have unread messages and then texts wont show in the list....plus while in a conversation it will start scrolling while i havent even touched the screen please help!
teenycupcake

I had to reformat my note 4 the other day because 2 buttons were not working. Now it is working fine however the verizon messaging app is being very buggy. First it keeps listing as if I have 200 some unread text messages it took me 10 min to clear that. Then as I get a new text it wasn't showing in the "conversation list" but rather only in the notification upper window. Then as I clicked in a text message it would start scrolling when I was not even touching the screen! Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon messages app keeps saying I have unread messages and then texts wont show in the list....plus while in a conversation it will start scrolling while i havent even touched the screen please help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Teenycupcake

This is very strange behavior for that application. Since you performed a factory reset, have you checked to make sure all of your apps are up to date? Go to the play store >> my apps and check if any are pending update still.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: verizon messages app keeps saying I have unread messages and then texts wont show in the list....plus while in a conversation it will start scrolling while i havent even touched the screen please help!
Not applicable

HI ChristopherM and Teenycupcake,

Here are 2 suggestions that I am sharing on Play Store that might  help.

1 Clear the app  cache (Settings, Apps Manager, 'Verizon Messages', 'clear cache') to clean it .

2 If you can, pull back the SIM CARD from its locked position. Then, power down. Reinsert SIM CARD,  then power on.

Please email us at VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com for  additional help.

0 Likes