verizon messages
madcityjan

I have set the language of both the phone and app to English (US), yet the caption under the contact for the type of phone number is in a foreign language with round characters. How do I set the captions to English?

Currently using Motorola G4

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

madcityjan, we definitely want you to have the correct settings. Let's get this fixed. When did this start? Is the application updated? Any issue with sending messages?

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
madcityjan

This is a new Moto G4 phone and a new installation of the Android Verizon Messages app. It has been this way since I installed it and set the languages to English.

My messages go out and come in correctly, so there's nothing going on there.

It's the caption under the contact's name that usually says "Moble:" etc, that is in characters from another language.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to enjoy your new Moto G4, madcityjan. To clarify, is this happening when you are selecting a contact or while you are in the thread? Is your contacts correct? Please check the default messaging application to see if this is happening there.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes