verizon messenger won't send alerts to my lg smartwatch
domscal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since I have gotten my new S8+  I can longer receive alerts from messenger on my phone. The Samsung and facebook and others do but not Verizon messenger. It worked on my Galaxy Note 5.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon messenger won't send alerts to my lg smartwatch
stef7
Master - Level 2

Did you try uninstalling Messenger and re-installing it? Not sure what the process is on your device - I guess depends on if it's running AW1.5 or 2.0.

0 Likes
domscal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried that many times for some reason it won't install to the phone when I do that plus it won't let me install messenger to the watch from the play store.  My watch is using AW 2.0.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Well, I wish I had AW2.0 so I could advise you specifically on what you might try. I have AW1.5 on an LG Urbane 2nd Edition and am still waiting on VZW to make the OTA available. It's been available for more than a year internationally, and on AT&T for months.

Come on Verizon! Really?

First, I guess I'd go onto the phone and try Force Stopping Messenger on the phone, and uninstalling updates, reboot and install an update from the PlayStore. Then see if you can install the watch app from the watch.

Another thing you might try, but it could force you to start over is to unpair your watch and phone. I think that will end up resetting it, but if it doesn't, I'd then manually try to reset it from the setup menu.

Otherwise, since you have a Google Account, go to Google+ and join the Android Wear community and ask your question there. You more likely to get someone there to respond. Another choice is going on XDA and posting your question there.

Good luck. I hope you get it working.

domscal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for responding,  I will try your suggestions.  It's weird because the Samsung messenger works perfectly but I do like Verizon messenger better and I'm not sure why! LOL

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Domscal, I don't want you to miss out on any messages that are coming through. There is excellent suggestion offered in this thread. Can you please verify for me precisely what LG Smartwatch that you're using? Is the Verizon Message Application up to date with the latest version in the Play Store?

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
domscal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for asking, So far I have had no success. Is the Messenger app

supposed to be installed on the watch if so that is most likely the issue.

At the play store I tried to get it to install to my watch but it won't

allow because of no carrier. When I had my Note 5 and I think before I

upgraded to android wear 2 I had no problems. I'm not sure if it is the

new phone and/or the Android Wear version 2.0?

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 9:47 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
domscal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I forgot this is a link to my watch.

LG W150: Watch Urbane - Elegant Gold Smartwatch | LG USA

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details. Are you able to update the watch using a different phone?

EstebanP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
domscal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't tried another phone. Isn't there a way to get the phone to

install to the watch or allow it to be installed via the play store?

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 7:14 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes