vtext.com and vzwpix.com not working
aturtlestep
Enthusiast - Level 1

My coworkers and I no longer receive messages sent to our work cell phones (#@vtext.com and #@vzwpix.com) from a certain address ([email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]). We used to routinely get messages from that address. We stopped receiving them the afternoon of Feb 14th, 2020. The messages are from a Satellite Emergency Notification Device (SEND) and I believe they use the Iridium satellite network to relay their messages. We are able to receive the messages if they are sent to our cell numbers without the @VTEXT.com, but it comes in a format that is not ideal for our uses. The maker of the SEND device (Garmin) has not found any problems on their side. I am hoping that you can help us with this problem.

Below is a summary of the things I've tried to identify the problem.

Messages sent from:

1. SEND device to #@vtext.com (and #@vzwpix.com) are NOT received (with both my Verizon work phone and my Verizon personal phone, different types of phones)

2. SEND device to cell number without @VTEXT.com are received

3. SEND device to AT&T cell phone (#@txt.att.net) are received

4. regular gmail message to #@vtext.com are received

5. cell to #@vtext.com are received

We also send these SEND device messages to our gmail account. We are able to receive them but when we try to forward them to our cell phones, they are not received. We get this error message from gmail:

The response from the remote server was:

554 vzw-ibgw-5001a.stratus.cloudmark.com cmsmtp ESMTP server not available - POL102 - 48SbjlfvhUncP

Perhaps that can help you understand the problem.

Thank you.

Re: vtext.com and vzwpix.com not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how import these messages can be to you and your coworkers. The service is not intended to be used for large volumes of commercial messages or emergency messages. Due to the inherent limitations of Internet email, Verizon provides no assurance regarding the timeliness or receipt of messages sent using this service. Businesses and organizations looking to send a high volume of messages should subscribe to Verizon Enterprise Messaging through there business account managers. 

Additionally, there could be an error in sending the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) from the original sender. You can have them check this information https://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html online. 

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
glennr2
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is very frustrating.  It is 2020 and from what I'm seeing this issue has been going on since 2016.  Wow Really...  4 years and it is still an issue.  For me it appears to only affect IPhones.  Sometimes when I send to IPhone ##########@vtext.com it will work.  Other times it won't unless I switch it to ##########@vzwpix.  It appears to be random.  Any help would be appreciated.  The users we are sending to are subscribed users and they want to receive 2 factor authentication.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Please note that this has been lifted on our end. Any updates or changes will be posted. Here is a link for you: https://www.verizonwireless.com/businessportals/support/faqs/TXTmessaging/faq_vtext_website.html.  AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
jezraj

please fix the broken link

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jezraj, hey there, I hope your day and holiday have been going well.  I am here to help with all of your concerns.  What link are you having trouble with?  How can I assist you today?

0 Likes