vtext not working
SpankyMcFarland
Enthusiast - Level 1

We utilize vtext sms notifications for emergency services staffing in a major us city.  All our employees who are verizon users that get notifications to their cell phone from us via gmail to their cell phone at  vtext.com are no longer receiving messages. We have never had an issue until now.

On the back end, we see this error message coming in:

Delivery incomplete
There was a temporary problem delivering your message to [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]. Gmail will retry for 47 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.

The response was:

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720 [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net. 34.200.143.151: 421 vrz-ibgw-5002a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tYnwlhJs8gL3j - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.XXX.XXX ] [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net. 34.199.121.51

PLEASE FIX THIS!

FireOps
Re: vtext not working
shmuel3641
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im also struggling with the issue since last week, and Verizon ignores the complaints! 

A lot of people wrote already here about the issue but its still not fixed!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting information delivered to your employees and we would love to review your options. Please contact our business department at: 1-800-922-0204, so we can further assist.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

According to @vzw_customer_support  in 

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Emails-not-arriving-to-VZWPIX/td-p/1214235/page/4 :

"This is currenly a known issue. There have been reports of server timeouts/error messages as well as delays in sending messages from Gmail accounts. Messages from Gmail/G suites to VZ consumer domains may be throttled or blocked due to high volumes of malicious messages originating from Gmail email addresses using Google's outbound services. This does not have anything to do with the specific sender, but with the volume of malicious messages received from Gmail as a whole. System enhancements will be going into place on the 23rd that will hopefully help to alleviate the malicious content volume, thereby reducing delays on normal emails from gmail's servers."

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have been working on this known issue, and there are some steps we'd like to try and see if you are able to receive these messages. Please reset email and web blocks through My Verizon online by following the steps provided. 

Path: MVO > My Plan > Blocks > Select Device > Block Emails & Domains > Scroll to Message Blocking Preferences > Select Block all text messages from web and email. After completing this step, could you please try sending the message, and let us know what you experience? 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have been working on this known issue, and there are some steps we'd like to try and see if you are able to receive these messages. Please reset email and web blocks through My Verizon online by following the steps provided. 

Path: MVO > My Plan > Blocks > Select Device > Block Emails & Domains > Scroll to Message Blocking Preferences > Select Block all text messages from web and email. After completing this step, could you please try sending the message, and let us know what you experience? 

Ok.  I've activated the BLOCK and sent an email from my Gmail account to my number at vtext.com.  So far it looks the same, e.g. nothing and I'll have to wait 2 days to see if I get any Gmail response of a failure like before.  I would expect that since I don't think from Gmail the email is getting far enough for Verizon BLOCK to kick in.  I also sent an email from my Comcast account and I didn't receive the text but no indication anywhere (Comcast email) of it being blocked.  Turned the BLOCK OFF and my Comcast email to my Verizon number at vtext.com came thru immediately.  Still waiting for any response from similar Gmail email to my number at vtext.com after UNBLOCK.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Update:

I just received my text from Gmail, which I sent yesterday AFTER I blocked on my Verizon account.  I did UNBLOCK after a half-hour or so, so maybe the Gmail mail went thru to the Verizon server handling the block filter AFTER I unblocked.  Still, it took 24 hours for the text to arrive at my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jav6,

We appreciate the update. We are still working to solve this and the more details we have the better. We will continue working to resolve it as soon as possible.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
j_mobile

I am having the exact same issue. Had my Gmail forward some specific emails to my vtext, so that I was notified ASAP. Had been doing this for years, but this issue happened on June 14th for me, and has been an issue ever since. I can receive vtext to my phone from other email clients (like hotmail or outlook), but Gmail doesn’t work. I keep getting error messages back in my Gmail saying “Delivery incomplete. There was a temporary problem delivering your message to [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service].” It then tells me it is going to keep trying for 48 hours, and each time it tries I get another message saying the same thing, and that it will try again. 

In fine text at the bottom of the messages it says:

“ The response was:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720 [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net35.167.120.54: 421 vrz-ibgw-6003a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHutlEEkaAttk - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.176 ] [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net34.199.121.51: 421 vrz-ibgw-5003a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHutlAZLCsiZs - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.177 ] [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net35.165.168.89: 421 vrz-ibgw-6002a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHvHlxKwQzLLo - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.176 ] [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net34.200.143.151: 421 vrz-ibgw-5002a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHvRlSHj4gL3j - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.178 ] [smtpin02.vzw.a.cloudfilter.net35.165.168.89: 421 vrz-ibgw-6003a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHvelEI4nAttk - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.182 ] [smtpin02.vzw.a.cloudfilter.net35.167.120.54: 421 vrz-ibgw-6002a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHvelxNQ3zLLo - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.172 ] [smtpin01.vzw.a.cloudfilter.net34.200.143.151: 421 vrz-ibgw-5003a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHvulAeIFsiZs - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.171 ] [smtpin01.vzw.a.cloudfilter.net34.199.121.51: 421 vrz-ibgw-5002a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHwGlSLqigL3j - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.181 ]”

We need a solution for this ASAP!!!!
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Test email from my Google Mail desktop to vtext.com worked this morning.  Maybe something changed?  Gmail to vzwpix.com is still delayed.

0 Likes