web messages not deleting
texasStrong
Enthusiast - Level 3

When using https://web.vma.verizon.com/vma/web2/Message.do, I delete messages.  They disappear. But if I refresh the messages or refresh the browser page, the messages re-appear.  If I click on a message again, it is removed from the list. But if I refresh again, the messages once again re-appear.   My messages on the Message+ app on the phone are correct and they do not show the ghost message on the web messages.  I have 50 messages that show up online.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: web messages not deleting
texasStrong
Enthusiast - Level 3

August 4, 2022 - logged in and the hold messages are gone.  I deleted one and it didn't reappear. Fixed !

View solution in original post

0 Likes
texasStrong
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cleared all cookies, and browsing history on Edge and Chrome. Also restarted my Verizon Samsung phone and cleared the cache partition. Still the same problem. 

texasStrong
Enthusiast - Level 3

Turned on developer tools in the browser and saw this:

groupapi.vma.vzw.com/subscriber/active/9e8016e410008c4dbed81e1c85:1
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 410 ()

0 Likes
Rokman777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem for a couple weeks. Deleted Verizon Messages on my phone stay gone, but the same Verizon Messages Online reappear after being deleted every time I sign back on. I've cleared my browser & restarted the computer many times with no success. They're piling up. How do I get them to stay away?

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Rokman777 wrote:

Same problem for a couple weeks. Deleted Verizon Messages on my phone stay gone, but the same Verizon Messages Online reappear after being deleted every time I sign back on. I've cleared my browser & restarted the computer many times with no success. They're piling up. How do I get them to stay away?

Might have to submit feedback via the application to the developers to possibly get some action.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
texasStrong
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went through chat several times and finally, they said a ticket would be opened. I am receiving new text messages from Verizon asking me to enter basic data again as if a new problem.  When I open the link, the entire summary is there. 

texasStrong
Enthusiast - Level 3

Errors in the web messages page: 

id attribute value must be unique: Document has multiple static elements with the same id attribute: gnav20-account-menu-mobile

0 Likes
texasStrong
Enthusiast - Level 3

Received a text this morning saying the ticket was closed and the problem solved.   The problem is still there.  I re-opened the ticket. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your troubleshooting efforts are greatly appreciated. Could you please try deleting the app from your computer and reinstall. Also please make sure your computer software is up to date?~Christian

0 Likes
texasStrong
Enthusiast - Level 3

The app isn't installed on my computer. It is accessed with a browser on windows 10 and MAC where I cleared all stored data.  Everything I use is up to date.  I can't delete message+ on the phone.

0 Likes