hotmustard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, check your cert for https://mqtt.vma.vzw.com/mqtt

It expires today (3/31/2022),.

*rolls eyes*

Re: web.vma.verizon.com not working
Lu13
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMG is that the reason???? My phone is fried so I've been trying to use verizon messages this morning to no avail

cgmendla
Enthusiast - Level 3

A multi billion dollar company in the messaging biz and they can't keep their certs straight. 

PATHETIC

@hotmustard  - Thanks for spotting that. You saved me a good bit of time and frustration today. 

hotmustard
Enthusiast - Level 2

My GV number comes in handy at times like these.  25 years in the business and I've never seen a Google cert expire in production.

0 Likes
Lu13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Man, verizon is ruining my life today. lol  I guess I should have realized my iphone was going to burn up and the verizon company may not have up to date certs or have a functioning text messanger for desktop texting.

I can't even download the app messanger for Outlook to use that for text because it requires... a code authentication sent to my phone, not email.

I'm really thinking about going to Mint mobile at this point. ^^

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lu13, I rely on my phone for many tasks, so I know how important it is to have a fully functioning phone. Keeping you with Verizon is a priority. So far we have the phone "burn up," we may not have up to date "certs" and you are having trouble installing apps. Can you elaborate on the issues with the phone, so we can better assist? Are you receiving error messages? 

-David

0 Likes
Lu13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi David.

Please read the first message of this post from @hotmustard to see what we are talking about with certs. Our browsers are rejecting verizon messages on your website. Please see other posts people have left with similar issues. The text messager gives us three continuous dots and doesn't let us access our text messaging on desktop

Clearing cache won't work.

Different browers won't work.

Clearing specific history for verizon and all its permutations in the browser doesn't help.

Uninstalling malwarebytes doesn't help.

My phone not working is another matter. You won't be able to help me with that because it is a hardware issue. And a hardware issue requires me to go to the store or to the post office and I don't have a vehicle right now.  

I have already gone through account> more> text message, etc. and there is no menu on the upper left of the screen for me to press. 

0 Likes
Lu13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi David,

Trying to send a print screen of what I am seeing, and other people are seeing. Please see below. This is using Account - More - Text Messages

Lu13_0-1648749090690.png

neverknowtillyoutry3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried this it says it's unsafe. How are you all logging in?

0 Likes
Lu13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm logging in using my verizon credentials into myverizon. Then click on Account, More, Text and it should pull up the text messenger page. If your browser is saying its not safe, probably has something to do with the security cert that is expired, according to the original post from @hotmustard that we are speaking in.

0 Likes