your verizon messages account was recently accessed from a new browser or device"
blake07

I recently received a message that says "your Verizon messages account was recently accessed from a new browser or device"  And then a message saying welcome to integrated messaging! etc.  I didn't not sign up for this?  And then now I keep getting text messages from 732-873 and it says Microsoft Access Code : ####

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: your verizon messages account was recently accessed from a new browser or device"
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you recently get a new computer?  Set up messaging on a tablet?  Are you setting up Microsoft One Drive, or Office 365, or a new version of Windows on a new computer? Someone on your family plan perhaps doing any of these?

If not, then it appears that someone is using your phone number to set up Messages+ and receive confirmation codes from Microsoft to set up an account on a new computer or tablet. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: your verizon messages account was recently accessed from a new browser or device"
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you recently get a new computer?  Set up messaging on a tablet?  Are you setting up Microsoft One Drive, or Office 365, or a new version of Windows on a new computer? Someone on your family plan perhaps doing any of these?

If not, then it appears that someone is using your phone number to set up Messages+ and receive confirmation codes from Microsoft to set up an account on a new computer or tablet. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blake, we want to make sure that your account is safe. I will look into this for you. From what I have read on the Internet, this seems to be a message from your email provider. What email accounts do you currently use? Have you signed into your email from a different device or computer lately. You can Google the 732-873 to find out more about the message.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
blake07

No, I did not get a new computer or setting up any Microsoft/windows computers.  Nobody in family either

0 Likes
blake07

Ok thank you!  I only have a Gmail.com account.  And no I have not signed into my email from a different device lately.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blake07, you have been working hard checking with the family to ensure your safety. We know that messages like this certainly would be unnerving. Have you recently added the Message + application to your phone? Or have you signed into your My Verizon account from your phone and a computer? Lastly, has your phone recently had a software update?
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
coryc123

This happened to me as well. Same scenario I woke up and found my Verizon account was accessed from a new browser(it gave the IP address. It was somewhere in Europe), then a text that my integrated messaging had been enabled. Then I got exactly 10 text messages from 732-873 of the same kind you described "microsoft access code: ####" from that same number in about the span of 10 minutes.

I'm not aware that I have any Microsoft accounts, maybe from years ago that I forgot about but the only 2 step verification I've done with my phone is through my current email and that's not Microsoft. I changed my Verizon password after this and have been checking randomly to make sure the integrated messaging is still disable. It seems like a huge security risk to allow that to be set up without the actual phone.

As far as I can tell none of my accounts were compromised. Would like to know what the target/purpose of this was so I can take action if necessary. Also if there is a way to completely disable the integrated messages so there is no risk of this happening in the future please let me know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

coryc123 your security is of the utmost importance to us. Let's make sure your information is secure. You did the right thing in changing your Verizon Password. So that we can check things out, I have sent you Private Message.
RosanneMM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!