Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
$4 fee for not having insurance?
EACarlson

Wife upgraded her phone tonight, tells me that she ok'd continuing the insurance that was on her phone, problem being we haven't used Verizon's insurance in almost a year.  We rely on the insurance on our credit card.  Go online and look and she's signed up for some $17/month device protection plan.  Try and cancel it, website says I have to chat or call.  Decide to chat and when I finally get through to someone I'm told there will be a $4 "service fee" for not having the "protection plan."  No where in any paperwork I've seen is this listed, no where on the website is this listed.  Whom do I need to speak to in order to get this fixed?

0 Likes
Re: $4 fee for not having insurance?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Congrats on your wife's new phone! We understand your concern regarding the protection plan on her device and the one you have on your Credit Card. Allow us to take a closer look at this matter and see what options we have for you. Please reply to the Private Note we sent you to continue this conversation. ~Vic

0 Likes