Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ANYONE? EVER? had Asurion fix cracked screen?
Feralcatfixer

ANYONE? EVER? had Asurion fix a cracked screen?

0 Likes
Re: ANYONE? EVER? had Asurion fix cracked screen?
Tigerstep

Screen repair is subject to parts and availability. Not available = no repair.

It's more cost effective to take better care of your phone. Of all the time I've accidentally dropped one, the raised lip of the case protected it. I'll gladly pay $30 for a Unicorn Beetle case than waste $15 a month on TMP.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Asurion does offer cracked screen repair, Feralcatfixer. Please contact Asurion at 888-881-2622 for assistance with getting this repair set up. 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
Feralcatfixer

Hi Tigerstep.  I DO take care of my phones.  In the 20+ years I have had cell phones, they were all in pristine condition when I upgraded, until this one.  I DO use a protective case on my phones, and rarely drop them, but this one just happened to hit in that 1 in a million way that shattered a corner of the screen.  I thought it was just the screen protector, but it was the screen itself too.  Funny thing is... the screen for my phone is for sale at NUMEROUS online retailers, but Asurion can't come up with one???  I smell a rat and that rats name is Asurion.  I wish I had looked at all the poor reviews about them, before I ever trusted they would actually insure my phone, and not just take my money.

0 Likes
Feralcatfixer

If you look online, you will see the majority of folks who file a claim for a replacement screen are told that the screen is not available, EVEN THOUGH the screen itself is available at numerous online sellers.  In my opinion, Asurion insurance is a scam, plain and simple.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would love to further review your concerns regarding your device concerns. With regard to the insurance process they would be the ones to process the claim for your replacement process. Also, with online retailers being used you can run the risk of having internal damage by using a third party company for this process. We understand that using your insurance may cost more than getting the screen replaced, but it will also protect you from any other damage that you may have with your device by using a third party company. Does this make sense? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh, no. We're truly so sorry to hear you feel this way. Cracked Screen Repair will vary depending on location, the make and model of the device, and parts availability. However, keep in mind that if Cracked Screen Repair is not available, you will still be able to file a claim for a device replacement. To be sure, is your phone currently still broken? If so, is the only damage to the screen?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes