Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asurion Mobile Protection is a complete Rip Off.
Airzot

I was sold this service touting that it provides easy repair and screen repair specifically.  Asurion has wasted hours of my time today and still cannot process a claim for repair of my Smartphone (purchased both phone and Asurion insurance through Verizon) Nobody at either company has been any assistance to me.  This all has been simply a hugely aggravating tax on my time and productivity.  I will be contesting all charges for Asurion with my payment provider for a full refund. I will call my State Attorney General and the Department of Regulatory agencies.  I recommend others do this as well.  Make these companies provide the services you pay them for, in an acceptable time frame.  The fact that Verizon would sell Asurion as a Service says a lot about Verizon as a company.  What is said is not Good at all.

Re: Asurion Mobile Protection is a complete Rip Off.
Tigerstep

Since Asurion doesn't bill seperate, good luck with a charge back not getting your services shut down.

Screen repair with Asurion has always had the clause of subject to parts availability. Judging by your tags, you have a Motorola Z4. It's not surprising if Asurion didn't have spare parts for a phone priced so low that it's disposable. 

You're better off dropping insurance and getting a new $200 - $400 phone whenever you need a replacement.

0 Likes
ANGGIELOPZ

Sounds good to me..The attorney general is not a personal attorney, but he or she make these big companies listen and work out what is fair for both parties...

I am having the same problem. I have contacted this company and asurion. Gotten a consideration letter from asurion mobile protection a week ago.

Luckily, Verizon will work with us. I have been with them since about 2014. Hopefully, my cracked iphone and Samsung tablet will get replaced soon.

Good luck.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ANGGIELOPZ, we always want to make sure that you receive the best available service for your device. Could you please tell us a gbit more about the service that you're receiving from us? What is the exact make and model from your device?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
ANGGIELOPZ

I haven't heard from the insurance company but I do need help with these two devices. I have had Asurion insurance for a lot of things but they don't always come though.

Device information

Apple iPhone 8 Plus 64GB in Gold
Device ID
IMEI

My Iphone is cracked on the front and the back

Device information

Device model
Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8.0 inch) in black
Device ID
IMEI

[Edited for privacy]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, ANGGIELOPZ. Help is here! Before we begin, can you please clarify what you are looking to do with this device? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
ANGGIELOPZ

Hi there!

I would like to get a replacement on the iphone 8 because it is cracked both front and bottom. that would probably be cheaper to do that than to get it repaired. As for the tablet number: (Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.)  ...I would like a replacement also please.

thank you so very much!

Angelia

0 Likes
ANGGIELOPZ

I have yet to have an answer about getting a replacement tablet or iphone.

I keep getting confusing emails. They have said that I qualify for a replacement. Or not.

I don't think that anyone cares as long as I can making my monthly payments.

I need a new phone and so does my husband but at some point I have stop dealing with Asurion. 

Over the years I have bought a lot of insurance on things that I have purchased. Luckily, I haven't needed to file a claim for anything but three items out of over twenty things.

I do not plan on asking them or Verizon to help me because I keep getting the fun around.

In addition, I am going to buy the two phones we need somewhere else. pay my sister's phone off first. (As soon as I paid off her $700.00+ Iphone 7 it got broken. Even though I paid $13.00 a month for it they wouldn't give me a deal on her new iPhone 11 or issue her a new phone)

As I have mentioned before three people at Verizon have been very kind and pleasant but obviously limited in what they can do but send me links to Asurion.

I do not believe in carry resentment and complaining for years of being a victim.

I have started a petition for other people who feel the same.

cacciatrice

What is the point of paying $15/mo per device if you have to pay $199-299 deductible depending on the device??? We have two devices with TMP so we pay $30/mo total and there's no way in heck they're going to get ANOTHER $199 (+ $29 ??) to replace a device that I still owe >$500 on... that's them making ~$550 on a ~$850 device... their sales rep talked me into getting the liquid screen protector (he touted it was "much stronger and more durable" than any other screen protector on market and, that they had a 100% guarantee where they'd cover the cost of screen repair- which I have now been informed is not actually a thing) and out of the usual OtterBox case with the screen protector included. He talked me into a flimsy thin clear case that does nothing to absorb shock or protect my device. Not two weeks after I got my new phone, liquid screen protector, and cruddy case, my phone felt out of my purse and the screen shattered like lightning. Shards often break off and get wedged in my fingertips. When I went to file a claim for the "unlimited screen replacement for $29" that's included in my TMP coverage. Verizon then tried to charge me $199 to fix a broken screen... this is such poor customer service, Verizon and Asurion are turning out to be wrought with false advertising and empty promises. It's pretty disappointing that, no matter which phone company you use - they're all the same.

ANGGIELOPZ

It’s been over a year now and the situation remains the same. I am still paying $17.00 a month for this Tablet that I have been forced to continue paying for. 

I actually thought that the company would see every month that I have been paying on average of $260.00 a month for three phones and two tablets….one tablet doesn’t work of course. 

i thought that they would see that I have been a loyal customer since 1914 and forgive me for the $17.00 payment. 

Next  month should be my last payments on both tablets. The tablet that does work cost about $8.00 a month. The broken one costs $17.00 a month!

I can’t tell you how unfair it is that you pay this big corporation so much money for so many  years and they don’t even pretend to show any fairness towards you. I have a few more payments on the iPhones and will move on with the whole family as soon as I can pay them off.