Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can Someone Help Me Understand My Total Protection Plan?
soitojc

Not to long ago my phone stopped connecting to any cell tower, i took it into the verizon store and told them i had the mobile protection plan, they tried rendering a solution with my phone but regardless it still would not connect to a tower. The verizon store said that there was nothing that they could do because there was a crack on the corner of the screen. What was i paying for on my bill then if the mobile protection plan was completely useless? What does it even do? Was i better off losing my phone than bringing it into the store with a valid issue? Thanks for the quality service verizon apparently i've been with this company for way to long now.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Total protection plan
Ann154
Expert
Expert

That is an insurance premium. The cracked screen voided the warranty so the store couldn't replace it through the warranty. You could have filed an insurance claim through the insurance company website and paid the deductible for a refurbished phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

That is an insurance premium. The cracked screen voided the warranty so the store couldn't replace it through the warranty. You could have filed an insurance claim through the insurance company website and paid the deductible for a refurbished phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
soitojc

Thanks for being more helpful than the rep at the store in that regard.

0 Likes