Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Confirming difference between plans
bheiser1

Hello - I recently added a new Note 10+ to the Total Mobile Protection Plan. I visited my local store, and the computer they use to set up the plans showed two options: Verizon Protect ($17/mo) and TMP ($15/mo). I opted for the TMP plan.

However in the MyVerizon app, I also see an option for "Total Equipment Coverage" for $11/mo. From the description it appears the main difference is TEC offers "next day" replacement vs "same day", and doesn't include the Tech Coach access.

I live in a fairly rural area, so "same day" is highly unlikely anyway. There is a VZW store near me, but the closest service center is 1.5 hrs away.

Does it still make sense to stay on the TMP plan, or would the Total Equipment Coverage plan make more sense? I rely heavily on my phone, so my main concern is to get a replacement device as quickly as possible in the event of loss, theft, damage, or failure of the device.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Confirming difference between plans
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You’re asking the right questions at the right time, bheiser1. It’s great that you found a comparison between the two protections, TMP and TEC. We want you to feel confident in the protection plan you choose and not feel pressured into buying unnecessary coverage. If you find that the TEC is a better value to you, and want to change, you may do so right in the app.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Confirming difference between plans
mama23dogs

I also rely on my phone, but don't have a lot of faith in insurance.  For example brand new phones often have no glass in stock, so you can't get the low price screen repair.   So I always keep an extra phone around that's synced, even if it's a cheapo.  FYI, always make a claim and be sure Asurion approves, before you swap SIM cards or had sim replaced.  

0 Likes