Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
How do I escalate a complaint to Verizon management?
inthetunnel

My Galaxy S9 Plus battery failed. Since I have Verizon Mobile Protection ($17 per month), I wanted to get a battery replacement or replacement phone. I spent THREE HOURS on chat and the phone on Sunday. Eventually I got a replacement order issued, but the order said Galaxy Note 8 (older model, older Android version, NOT equivalent to an S9 Plus, NOT an acceptable replacement). I queried this, but the rep said "it's just a glitch in the system, you will get a replacement S9 Plus". Guess what arrived today? Yup - a Galaxy Note 8!

So I spent OVER FOUR HOURS on chat this afternoon trying to get the situation resolved, through several chat disconnects, etc. And finally my chat session went away completely, so after a total of SEVEN HOURS of frustration, I have a defective Galaxy S9 Plus and an obsolete Galaxy Note 8. No doubt Verizon will bill me several hundred dollars if I don't send them my Galaxy S9 Plus, but I don't want the Galaxy Note 8, so will I end up with no phone at all?

This is truly appalling service from Verizon. I want to escalate to senior management. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Re: How do I escalate a complaint to Verizon management?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are here to help resolved this ASAP.  A private message is being sent to assist you further.

-Sean

0 Likes
jebu23

@inthetunnel @vzw_customer_support did you ever get an answer?  I'd like to know.  I'm so frustrated right now.  After losing my phone hunting in northern Michigan, I filed a lost phone claim with #Asurion (which they are happy to take your money for), only to have my account suspended for fraudulent activity.  Spent 3+ hours at the Verizon store in Okemos MI and was not able to get my replacement device activated.  Spent another 2+ hours on hold at home after calling the Asurion number provided in my replacement device packaging material, but still no luck.  The rep at the store in Okemos gave it his best, which I appreciate, but now I will have to take time off from work to go in tomorrow, to try and get this resolved with little hope of reaching any resolution.

Extremely frustrated and disappointed at this point.  Have spent far too many hours on hold, talking to one representative after another who ultimately cannot do anything but forward me to the fraud department and who does not answer.

I went hunting, I lost my phone, and I used the insurance (and paid the $230 deductible) I pay every month; why am I being treated like a criminal? Is this how Verizon treats all customers? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jebu23, this certainly isn't the experience we want you to have, especially when you're looking to get another device in your hands. Since you paid the deductible with Asurion, was the replacement device ever sent to you? If the device is showing up on our Fraud list, Asurion may need to send another device that is ready to be active. Did you ask about sending another phone?

-Alex

0 Likes
jebu23

Unfortunately, after spending 2hrs on waiting for someone to be available, then being transferred to the fraud department, waiting another hour to finally speak to someone, they asked me a few questions then put me on hold for another 30min, then when they finally came back, they started to ask a question then abruptly hung up on me.  I don't even know what to say at this point.

@vzw_customer_support As far as asking Asurion to send me a new device; are you kidding?  Is this really my responsibility?  I pay for a service, I expect that service to work.  Maybe Verizon should work with another company better able to provide the service..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry that you've had trouble with a replacement phone. We can certainly lift your feedback regarding the experience. To help find a resolution, we would recommend reaching out to Asurion to help get another device or try reaching out to our Fraud Team again. You can reach the Fraud Team at 888-483-7200. 

-Alex

0 Likes
jebu23

@vzw_customer_support Umm, been trying to contact your fraud team for countless hours now, what exactly do you think will be different this time?

0 Likes
jennk1
Novice

@jebu23 

Submit a complaint to the FCC and your issue will get escalated to the executive office at Verizon.   In my experience I received a call within a few days from a nice gentleman who listened to my issue, understood the problem and had the authority to reach a resolution.   I wasted 2 months of my life on never ending chats and phone calls and messaging - waiting for calls back, etc - it was endless empty promises or nonsense justification of their failure to deliver on a promise.    If you’ve given them a chance to help you, and they give you the run-around, submit the complaint to the FCC and don’t waste another minute of your time.   

The complaint for is quick and simple to fill out.   Good luck!

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you so much jennk1 for bringing this issue to us, that's definitely not the way we want you to feel about us. We'd be happy to help with your Verizon service. Please contact us through Facebook or Twitter, so we can address all your concerns. 

>Jorge

0 Likes
jebu23

Thank you @jennk1 !