Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I declined mobile protection. Verizon has been charging me for it anyway - since 2018.
suzanne99

The title pretty much says it, and I am furious, and hoping very much that Verizon will make this right. I've been a loyal customer for a long time.

Today while chatting with customer service about an unrelated matter, the agent mentioned that I have insurance on my plan. He pointed out that I've had it on my plan for a long time, which was deeply confusing for me, because I always decline that coverage when offered. I asked him to tell me exactly when this was added to my account, and why, and he couldn't tell me.

So I called customer service, and after some investigation, the representative told me that when I bought a new phone in May 2018, the insurance was added. She could see that I DECLINED THE COVERAGE - but it was added anyway, for $13 a month. Verizon charged me that extra $13 a month between that point and August 2021, at which point they increased it to $17 a month. She was apologetic and pointed out that it was "unfair" for me, that I had indeed declined it and obviously didn't know I had it, but said her system would only allow her to refund 3 months worth of the charges.

Verizon, you need to do something to make this right. I have paid about $550 for insurance coverage that I never requested - I DECLINED IT - and never knew I had. 

0 Likes
Re: I declined mobile protection. Verizon has been charging me for it anyway - since 2018.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, suzanne99. We want to make sure you receive a resolutions to the unwanted insurance charges. To get started, we have sent you Private Note. *Cassie

0 Likes
Re: I declined mobile protection. Verizon has been charging me for it anyway - since 2018.
Ann154
Expert
Expert

If you knew about it in 2018, why didn't you sign into your MyVerizon account online and remove the mobile protection from the line or lines that feature was on? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes