Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
I did not ask for TOTAL MOBILE PROTECT MULTI-DVC, how do I cancel it?
Relics67

I did not ask for this! All of my devices are far too old to waste paying insurance, or I bought them elsewhere.

Now all of a sudden I see a new charge of $36 on my bill. And no way to cancel it. It does not show up at all on the Apps & Add-ons page. None of the solutions here are accurate, they all say "See #15" at a link to the FAQ, but there is no #15.

I've been very happy with Verizon before. Why is this happening? 

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: I did not ask for TOTAL MOBILE PROTECT MULTI-DVC, how do I cancel it?
Relics67

OK, I finally was able to reach someone. The website had been giving me errors when I tried to look at anything but the current bill.

The current bill looks like a $36.00 increase for the insurance. It says the bill went up because of it. Nowhere does it mention credit.

What it was trying, and failing, to tell me is that I had a credit last month for a prorated refund for cancelling the insurance. And that this month I don't have a refund for it.

Very confusing. Badly described. 

View solution in original post

Relics67

OK, I finally was able to reach someone. The website had been giving me errors when I tried to look at anything but the current bill.

The current bill looks like a $36.00 increase for the insurance. It says the bill went up because of it. Nowhere does it mention credit.

What it was trying, and failing, to tell me is that I had a credit last month for a prorated refund for cancelling the insurance. And that this month I don't have a refund for it.

Very confusing. Badly described. 

judyginger

I discovered that I have the same problem, did you find out a solution to this . if so would you mind telling me how to correct it.. thanks, Judy 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

judyginger, it's important to ensure the account only has the features that you selected. We are here to assist with your concerns about the insurance feature on the account. Please check your Private Messages, so we can further assist. 

-David

0 Likes
InternetWillBeFree

I totally agree! Saw my bill jump up by $40 for the exact same reason that you’re describing. They tried to sneak that stupid protection on and I finally got it off. Now the wording looks like they tacked it back on, but it’s probably what you described, a reduction of past credit. 

P.S. If you have to hide a product, it probably is pure excrement.