Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iphone 6 Battery Issues - Options?
astomp82

Over the last month or two I have noticed a lot of issues with my iPhone 6's battery. It will be fully charged and drop to under 10% in around 20 minutes of use and need to be charged or it will die. Sometimes, when I plug it in at 10% or 20%, it jumps to a percentage in the 70s or 80s right away.

Other times, if it is very low, it charges very, very slowly. I have left it plugged in all night only to have it charge about 20% higher by the time I wake up, at least 8 hours later.

What options do I have? I have had this phone since May of 2014, however I don't want to upgrade to a 7 at this time. I have the total coverage insurance, will that cover a replacement device?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 6 Battery Issues - Options?
Elements

Do you mean that you have the Total Mobile Protection? If so, that includes extended warranty, so as long as there's no physical damage to the device, you may be able to get it replaced, though Verizon's tech support will likely want to do some troubleshooting first to verify that it's a hardware defect.

0 Likes
astomp82

Yes, sorry that's what I meant. Total Mobile Protection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

astomp82,

Help is here! I rely on my phone to charge correctly & stay charged throughout the day. I want the same experience for you. I appreciate all the detailed information provided. Let’s work together to get this figured out. When you plug the phone into the charger, do you notice that the lightening bolt charging symbol appearing at the top of the screen? Are you using the original charger that came with the phone? When you plug the charger into the phone, is it in there firmly or does it seem to be loose?

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes
ADASTO45

It charges when I plug it in. The lightning bolt is there, I am using the charger and cable that came with the phone, and it is a firm connection.

The issue is that the battery drains quickly once fully charged, and when plugged back in, jumps back up to nearly full charge (75% or so). The battery level seems to just be inaccurate very often. Yesterday, for example, I was using my phone and it stuck at 41% for awhile, then it fell to 25%, then 17%, then 1% all in about 5 more minutes. Once plugged in it went from 1%, to 9%, to 29%, then to 40% and higher in a matter of minutes, then was fully charged back to 100% within the hour. Though sometimes if it's below 10%, I'll plug it in overnight and it will only be at about 20% or 30% by the morning, 8 or so hours later.