Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is Verizon Mobile Protect worth it?
joelashley

I'd like opinions about Verizon Mobile Protect.  

We've had it for awhile, at $17 per line per month for our two lines, I think since the phones were new in 2019 or 2020.  That's $408 a year.  Last year Asurion replaced my wife's S10e with a "new" one when its battery swelled but it was a rebuilt, and cost us some significant bucks.  Last month I had Asurion replace my S10e battery, though I'm not convinced its any better at holding its charge than the old one.  That ran $76.

Can anyone really justify the cost of this "insurance" when the coverage is essentially didly?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Is Verizon Mobile Protect worth it?
VzW_is_deceptive

Absolutely not worth it.  I have paid for it for years and now I try to use it there is $259 deductible.  I could go out and buy a used device for that cost.   I'm going to make a BBB complaint. 

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

joelashley, understanding your insurance options for your device is important. We are here to help. The Verizon Mobile protection plan comes with an extended warranty, Unlimited Cracked screen repair for $29, and of course, coverage for loss, stolen, or damage. Review more details here https://vz.to/3EDI5b6.  

-Sylvia

0 Likes
VzW_is_deceptive

Absolutely not worth it.  I have paid for it for years and now I try to use it there is $259 deductible.  I could go out and buy a used device for that cost.   I'm going to make a BBB complaint.