Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Protection Cancelled and I did NOT request it
Gramymidge

This past month my Total Mobile Protection plans on all my devices was cancelled without my knowledge or request. Verizon is telling me the cancellation was made online. I did not change anything on my account in the past 60 days.  Now when I try to go in and have the protection reinstated the system will not allow me in to manage my Add-ons. Customer service says it is locked out of the system and cannot reinstate it. And the automated assistant does not present the coverage so I can add it. Through research I found out that Total Mobile Protection is only available to New York residents. This makes it seem that the plan was cancelled because of this change. Problem is my phone was activated over 2 years ago which makes it ineligible for coverage. Verizon should never have cancelled my protection plan or if they had to they at least would have replaced it with the one eligible outside of New York. Who is the rep who can help me with this issue? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Protection Cancelled and I did NOT request it
Gramymidge

Further update. Tried customer support again at the chance I would be able to find someone who could assist. I managed to connect with Kim. From her research it appears with the increase in cost for the coverage Assurion sent the price increase notice to Verizon. Verizon's approach to doing the increase was to cancel the $15 plan then add on the $17 plan. Well in my case they cancelled the $15 plan but failed to add on the $17 plan. Because it had been less than 30 days Kim was able to reinstate the device protection and based on what I see in my account it is in place. I advise anyone that has had the Total Mobile Protection Plan to check your account online to see if the same thing happened to you. If it has call the customer service number and ask that they reactivate your protection. Do it soon because you will only have 30 days from the day it was cancelled to have it reactivated. If you wait Assurion will not allow the protection to be reinstated. Good luck all.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Gramymidge

Further update. Tried customer support again at the chance I would be able to find someone who could assist. I managed to connect with Kim. From her research it appears with the increase in cost for the coverage Assurion sent the price increase notice to Verizon. Verizon's approach to doing the increase was to cancel the $15 plan then add on the $17 plan. Well in my case they cancelled the $15 plan but failed to add on the $17 plan. Because it had been less than 30 days Kim was able to reinstate the device protection and based on what I see in my account it is in place. I advise anyone that has had the Total Mobile Protection Plan to check your account online to see if the same thing happened to you. If it has call the customer service number and ask that they reactivate your protection. Do it soon because you will only have 30 days from the day it was cancelled to have it reactivated. If you wait Assurion will not allow the protection to be reinstated. Good luck all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Gramymidge, we are here for you and will be more than happy to help work on this with you and find out what is going on with the protection plan. So we can help, please send us a Private Note. *Jose

0 Likes
Gramymidge

Jose, I guess you did not read my 2nd post to this thread. Kim has solved the issue of the cancellation of my protection plan. Hate to say it but it took all day and several people before I was able to find someone who knew what needed to be done to fix the issue. Commendations to Kim for doing a good job!!

0 Likes