Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Protection is a scam
DwightVanSike

I purchased the protection and spent hundreds on it.  When I reported that my tablet really never held a charge and Verizon had me buy a new charger for it, it still didn't work and it gathered dust.  Finally had some time to call up insurance and they said that I needed to use my extended warranty even though the policy says it covers it when it is unusable and the warranty expires.  I went back to Verizon and they said my warranty expired.  And asurion said that I needed to use my warranty and Verizon said my warranty expired.  After a day of calls, I realized how this worked.  I could almost hear the smile on the other end of the phone knowing that they had me.

Cancelled all of the policies and am looking to get out of Verizon completely.  Their service terrible in the Stevenson Ranch area anyway.

0 Likes
Re: Protection is a scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry to read about the experience that you have had with getting a working tablet, and we're here to help. Our Total Mobile protection coverage packages provide damage and loss coverage, and select packages also include extended warranty. We would like to look into what plan you were on and what issues you're having with your service, so please send us a private note. 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
atrosenberg

Agree! The "protection" is not protection at all. Total garbage. I'm leaving Verizon because of the false assurance. 

0 Likes
Tigerstep

@atrosenberg 

Hate to break it to you, but the other carriers also use Asurion.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are concerned to hear you are having trouble with your device and getting a replacement. To clarify, are you filing a claim through Asurion with your insurance, or are you processing a warranty replacement? What is wrong with your device? JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes