Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Refurbished not NEW
JONWAT68

How can Verizon claim to offer "refurbished phones" claiming like new as a warranty replacement when Apple won't even look at or touch these phones? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Refurbished not NEW
JONDEL27

Have same problem. Just tried to get apple store to replace 5S battery on Verizon refurb phone. Apple won't do it. How was I or other customers to know this ? I guess that means the Apple Care I paid for was for nothing an invalid ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I want to make sure that you have a working device at all times. What has you bringing your device into an Apple store? Is something wrong with the phone?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure that you have a fully functional device, Jonwat68. Are you having any issues with your iPhone at this time? Was your device replaced through our CLNR warranty program or through Asurion as an insurance claim? You can learn more about our CLNR program here.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

They aren't called refurbished. They are called Certified Like New Replacements.

Apple won't look at your device if you are outside of the one year warranty and don't have Apple Care.

0 Likes
JONWAT68

The phone is for my daughter and yes she has a functioning phone right now but when this one goes out or has problems it will be the same thing.  Verizon should stick to service and let apple stick to phones.  You should not get a phone with a manufactures defect replaced with a refurbished or like new (whatever you want to call it) phone.  if you buy a couch and the material rips they don't replace it with the family down the streets used sofa.  Just saying!!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

Have you read the warranty that came with the phone?

Apple's warranty will replace your defective device with a device that is new or like new (usually like new). Plus, this is the standard on ALL electronics. Verizon is the middle man for this warranty service. They are following Apple's rules and using devices that they get from Apple.

I have had phones replaced by Verizon and then gone to Apple for service. Again, if the phone is past the original 1 year warranty, Apple is less likely to help you. If you have the insurance plane known as Total Mobile Protection or Total Equipment Coverage? This extends your warranty past the first year but that extended warranty is through Verizon and anytime you need a replacement after the first your you MUST go to Verizon.

Seems like you need to do a little reading of your warranty information.