Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scam "Support Call": Where is Verizon Security to stop it??
boas1

In the past 2 days I have receivd a call from "Technical Support" that has left a voice mail it is "Verizon Technical Support" calling me about my account being suspended due to suspicious activity and to call back. Of course, I didn't but why is the number coming across without any warning it's spoofed?In accordance with FCC regs, new technology was to be in place at this time to warn of spoofed numbers. Verizon can't even protect its own support line.

0 Likes
Re: Scam "Support Call": Where is Verizon Security to stop it??
acraftylady2

For a month I was getting the same from apple every day 3 times a day or more, never owned an apple product in my life.  Always from a different number.  Didn't answer my phone and bloked every number and it finally stopped.  The powers that be beyond Verizon need to pur a stop to allowing them to make it look like legit local numbers.  Mary

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

boas1, we can protect our own support contacts but the number that called you does not belong to us. Even with the spam technology that exists no wireless carrier can flag or identify all phone calls if they are legitimate or not. Can you please provide the 10-digit number that called you?

- Alan

0 Likes
boas1

I believe you missed my point. The caller id # shows 800-922-0204. Look vaguely familiar? Yes, its your Verizon support # being spoofed. Where is that world leading technology that's supposedly rolled out to stop it?

0 Likes